I'm on a journey to find health and happiness through a more holistic and green lifestyle.

I find the world to be abrasive. =) That is to say, I feel the need to armor myself, physically and emotionally, in order to face life. Don't we all? Maybe. For whatever reason, it has become a priority in my life to rid my immediate environment of irritating things. And I'm sensitive! So there is much work to be done. But. I have thought for a long time that the things I come in contact with every day, and the stuff used to clean and maintain these things, need to be gentle and non-toxic. I have had eczema my entire life. For a long time I just dealt with it, and accepted that sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's not, and that it will fluctuate a lot. Gradually over time I have come to find that certain things, fabrics, cleansers, materials, are more irritating to my skin than others. Stress can exacerbate it. In more recent times, I have realized that every aspect of my life improves when I improve conditions for my skin. Hah! What a concept! Thus my (long time) interest in going green, and my more recent desire to live a more holistic lifestyle. (I think I've felt a desire for a long time to live in a harmonious way with myself, my surroundings, and nature, but didn't have a name for it.) Anyhow, this blog is a journal of my trials and errors, and basic crooked path to find a balanced and peaceful existence for myself and my family. Thanks for your interest! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Daily Check List

I blogged in the recent past about my concept of balance, and the "wheel" that makes up the aspects of life that create balance. (Blog title: Tilt) I did literally make myself a wheel. I'm goofy like that. But if you've read any of my blog before this post, you've discovered that already! But at my age (41!!) I no longer feel too bad about my eccentricities. I am going with my own flow! So here is a photo of my balance wheel. I believe if you double click on it, you will see an enlarged picture, and might be able to read what I've written on it. These are my personal balance items, and apply to my life at this time. Subject to change without notice! I still have some blank spaces, which I'll fill as I think of things. I did add one after taking this photo: Reduce caffeine/ultimately eliminate. (yipes, a goal for me if there ever was one!) From this, I hope to create a daily check list for myself. I'm one of those that likes to see my task list in writing, and loves to check things off. It makes me feel good about myself. It will be here, on the blog, so I'm not adding to the clutter that is all around me. (yay me)

First Draft

Drink water - yes
Name a "happy" moment - DS came over to lie in sunbeams with me =)
Exercise - 20 min. walk in the hood and 15 minute Wii cardio workout!
Enjoy peace (nature, music, scents...) - lying in the sun beams with DS, generally enjoying the sunny day
Time alone - walk this a.m.
Good sleep/rest - slept almost 11 hours last night!!
Eat well - not so much until dinner, which was pretty healthy if I do say so myself, and both kids loved it!! Hubby too. =)
Do something for purge plan - Nothing the entire month yet!!
Leisure activity - played with new exercise game - set up profile

No comments:

Post a Comment