I'm on a journey to find health and happiness through a more holistic and green lifestyle.

I find the world to be abrasive. =) That is to say, I feel the need to armor myself, physically and emotionally, in order to face life. Don't we all? Maybe. For whatever reason, it has become a priority in my life to rid my immediate environment of irritating things. And I'm sensitive! So there is much work to be done. But. I have thought for a long time that the things I come in contact with every day, and the stuff used to clean and maintain these things, need to be gentle and non-toxic. I have had eczema my entire life. For a long time I just dealt with it, and accepted that sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's not, and that it will fluctuate a lot. Gradually over time I have come to find that certain things, fabrics, cleansers, materials, are more irritating to my skin than others. Stress can exacerbate it. In more recent times, I have realized that every aspect of my life improves when I improve conditions for my skin. Hah! What a concept! Thus my (long time) interest in going green, and my more recent desire to live a more holistic lifestyle. (I think I've felt a desire for a long time to live in a harmonious way with myself, my surroundings, and nature, but didn't have a name for it.) Anyhow, this blog is a journal of my trials and errors, and basic crooked path to find a balanced and peaceful existence for myself and my family. Thanks for your interest! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Essential Oils - Pan Away

The first oil I am going to learn about and test is Pan Away. I have chosen it as I have a way to test it right away.

From the pamphlet that accompanied the Every Day oils from Young Living: "PanAway is a soothing essential oil bend containing eugenol, a constituent used historically to numb gums. Also containing wintergreen and clove - two oils traditionally used for pain relief - PanAway aids the body's natural response to irritation and injury."

This statement had an asterisk, which led to another statement that reads, "This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease."

The oils in this blend are: Wintergree, Clove, Peppermint and Helichrysum.

From the pamphlet: Topical Use: Apply to affected area to help relieve discomfort, stressed muscles, or cramping.

TRIAL: I am going to put some on my neck/shoulder area. It's really bugging me again, so this is a good place to start with oils.

Ok, it's 2:22 p.m., and I have just blended 2 drops of PanAway with what I guessed to be 8 drops of Sweet Almond oil. (Directions said to do 1:4 but I got 2 drops so I went with it - also the almond oil squirts instead of drops....it's a bit of a guessing game.) I mixed it around with a q-tip, and applied it to the back of my neck and should area where I have been so sore and uncomfortable. I shall report as time passes. tick tick tick.....well, about an hour later my neck felt better, though whether the oils had anything to do with it I don't know. I am going to apply more in a few minutes. Ok, so I've had it on now for about 45 minutes. I asked hubby to rub it on this time, to make sure it really covered the area that hurts. I'm not in pain at the moment. Stiff, but no pain. I dunno. Some people swear by this stuff. It will take me a while to become less of a skeptic. But I do smell good. =)

It's now the next morning. I have had no pain or discomfort so far today. Usually it takes a little while for the discomfort to kick in again, but I have been up for almost 4 hours. My neck is a little stiff. But no "knot" (as I call it, as the problem area is typically around the area of my neck where my vertebrae stick out, and it feels like a knot) so far. Unfortunately, my carpal tunnel issue is presenting itself. What can I do for that? Hm...



************************************







My Daily Checklist: (to be updated throughout the day)

Drink water -  Yes.
Name a "happy" moment - ?
Exercise - Swimming with the kids, which really isn't exercise for me
Enjoy peace - 
Time alone - 
Good sleep/rest - 8 hours of semi-good sleep.
Eat well - hm. Pasta, coffee, more pasta...not so good so far.
Do something for purge plan - Yes! DD's school will take some items as a donation. I will bring the first items this afternoon. Yay!
Leisure activity - Blogging, reading a little about EOs
Get outside - Just to car and back
Mood - Morning: Good =)

No comments:

Post a Comment