I'm on a journey to find health and happiness through a more holistic and green lifestyle.

I find the world to be abrasive. =) That is to say, I feel the need to armor myself, physically and emotionally, in order to face life. Don't we all? Maybe. For whatever reason, it has become a priority in my life to rid my immediate environment of irritating things. And I'm sensitive! So there is much work to be done. But. I have thought for a long time that the things I come in contact with every day, and the stuff used to clean and maintain these things, need to be gentle and non-toxic. I have had eczema my entire life. For a long time I just dealt with it, and accepted that sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's not, and that it will fluctuate a lot. Gradually over time I have come to find that certain things, fabrics, cleansers, materials, are more irritating to my skin than others. Stress can exacerbate it. In more recent times, I have realized that every aspect of my life improves when I improve conditions for my skin. Hah! What a concept! Thus my (long time) interest in going green, and my more recent desire to live a more holistic lifestyle. (I think I've felt a desire for a long time to live in a harmonious way with myself, my surroundings, and nature, but didn't have a name for it.) Anyhow, this blog is a journal of my trials and errors, and basic crooked path to find a balanced and peaceful existence for myself and my family. Thanks for your interest! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Friday, February 19, 2010

How Do You Know?

How do you know what is causing your mood?

I am getting seriously grumpy. It started yesterday. I was able to curb my mood by getting us out of the house. Today once again we've been in the whole day so far. I am getting moody again.

Is is diet? I had coffee this a.m. as usual. I made pasta for breakfast. Ravioli for one child, Pasta "Mama" for the other (olive oil, seasoning and black olives.) Too many carbs and no protein? Seems like an obvious thing, right?

Could it be that I got kinda ticked at someone this am?

Could it be that while on winter break we have spent that vast majority of our time at home? I am a people person. Is it that I basically haven't seen anyone all week? Not even for a kids' play date?

Or is it all of those things?

I guess I'll have to systematically go through each thing and do something it about. So why then did I make English muffins with cream cheese? Will that help? Only as a quick hunger fix. Ah, the spiral! That's how it goes, isn't it? I slip with feeding myself properly in the morning, and the spiral begins. I get grumpy, then start cutting corners with everything else. Oh it is hard to be on top of things! SO! RESET!

First, I'll find some protein......peanuts.....high in fat....shoot......then, I'll make a decision about the situation that irritated me this morning....done....now....I will get us out to a play date....done. Ah, let's see if all of this helps.

Hm. Well, getting out was nice. But I realized while in the car that I am tired. I stayed up later than usual last night just because I wanted more me time. I got greedy with it, and the result was predictable. Today I'm grumpy, tired, and less able to manage stuff. The answer would be to go to bed earlier tonight, but chances are I won't. And thus the sleep spiral begins. I'll keep this up until I can't fight the need anymore, than I'll fall asleep with the kids before 8:30 p.m. one night. Perhaps I could try reasoning with myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment