I'm on a journey to find health and happiness through a more holistic and green lifestyle.

I find the world to be abrasive. =) That is to say, I feel the need to armor myself, physically and emotionally, in order to face life. Don't we all? Maybe. For whatever reason, it has become a priority in my life to rid my immediate environment of irritating things. And I'm sensitive! So there is much work to be done. But. I have thought for a long time that the things I come in contact with every day, and the stuff used to clean and maintain these things, need to be gentle and non-toxic. I have had eczema my entire life. For a long time I just dealt with it, and accepted that sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's not, and that it will fluctuate a lot. Gradually over time I have come to find that certain things, fabrics, cleansers, materials, are more irritating to my skin than others. Stress can exacerbate it. In more recent times, I have realized that every aspect of my life improves when I improve conditions for my skin. Hah! What a concept! Thus my (long time) interest in going green, and my more recent desire to live a more holistic lifestyle. (I think I've felt a desire for a long time to live in a harmonious way with myself, my surroundings, and nature, but didn't have a name for it.) Anyhow, this blog is a journal of my trials and errors, and basic crooked path to find a balanced and peaceful existence for myself and my family. Thanks for your interest! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Hats off to Suzanne!

I have gotten reconnected with someone I knew years ago when I was a kid. She and I rode the school bus together. Her older brother and I were good friends. She and I have reconnected through Facebook. As I get to know her as an adult, I'm simply amazed at how much we have in common! I thought I would share with you some of the work she does. Her name is Suzanne. Suzanne has a website  on which she explains how she came to enjoy working with people to help them live more healthy and balanced lives:

"Often, life is so busy that it is challenging to find time to prioritize your needs, and especially your health needs.  I work with clients to simplify the process of making healthy choices and to help them find the time in their busy schedules for needed change."

Suzanne writes a monthly newsletter, with simple suggestions ("nuggets") for readers to help them on their path. It's short, easy to digest, and suggests simple tasks to help keep balance in your life. (i.e. this month's newsletter reminded us that we should take the time to stretch each day.) She also works with people one-on-one, and from comments left on her website, it sounds as if people truly appreciate how she works and the advice that she gives.

 One person wrote: "I feel much better, and I am in control of feeling better." Another said: "Working with Suzanne as a Holistic Health Counselor helped me to change my whole outlook on the direct relationship between my health and what I eat."


I'm sharing this because I think what she does is cool. And I think she's cool! I wish I lived close enough to attend her informational meetings on holistic topics. So check out her website. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! 

No comments:

Post a Comment