I'm on a journey to find health and happiness through a more holistic and green lifestyle.

I find the world to be abrasive. =) That is to say, I feel the need to armor myself, physically and emotionally, in order to face life. Don't we all? Maybe. For whatever reason, it has become a priority in my life to rid my immediate environment of irritating things. And I'm sensitive! So there is much work to be done. But. I have thought for a long time that the things I come in contact with every day, and the stuff used to clean and maintain these things, need to be gentle and non-toxic. I have had eczema my entire life. For a long time I just dealt with it, and accepted that sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's not, and that it will fluctuate a lot. Gradually over time I have come to find that certain things, fabrics, cleansers, materials, are more irritating to my skin than others. Stress can exacerbate it. In more recent times, I have realized that every aspect of my life improves when I improve conditions for my skin. Hah! What a concept! Thus my (long time) interest in going green, and my more recent desire to live a more holistic lifestyle. (I think I've felt a desire for a long time to live in a harmonious way with myself, my surroundings, and nature, but didn't have a name for it.) Anyhow, this blog is a journal of my trials and errors, and basic crooked path to find a balanced and peaceful existence for myself and my family. Thanks for your interest! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holistic balance through feng shui?

To live in a holistic way is to live in a balanced way. Live your life in balance with nature. Balance all aspects of your life - emotional health, physical health, diet, exercise, non-toxic environment, yadayada. As I head down the path towards a more balanced life and self, I put my focus on one area one day, another area another day.... making small changes here and there. I am finding that as I make adjustments that make me feel good, or better, other areas present themselves and are suddenly so obviously out of balance that I am taken aback. For example, today I visited a home that was so.....orderly....that it was instantly unsettling to me. One of the owners of this home has been to my home, which is, well, DISorderly. I was instantly flooded with several emotions, including awe (her home is lovely), and embarrassment. Basically, in order to feel peaceful in your own environment, the first step is to create a peaceful environment. Having stuff piled everywhere does not create a calm mood. Why are some of us naturals at creating a clutter-free, peaceful space and others (me) are not? I do not know. But this part of my journey will never be easy for me. As with all of this, it's a process. I have no plan for the "perfect" space for us, just one that one that is nice to be in.

No comments:

Post a Comment