I'm on a journey to find health and happiness through a more holistic and green lifestyle.

I find the world to be abrasive. =) That is to say, I feel the need to armor myself, physically and emotionally, in order to face life. Don't we all? Maybe. For whatever reason, it has become a priority in my life to rid my immediate environment of irritating things. And I'm sensitive! So there is much work to be done. But. I have thought for a long time that the things I come in contact with every day, and the stuff used to clean and maintain these things, need to be gentle and non-toxic. I have had eczema my entire life. For a long time I just dealt with it, and accepted that sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's not, and that it will fluctuate a lot. Gradually over time I have come to find that certain things, fabrics, cleansers, materials, are more irritating to my skin than others. Stress can exacerbate it. In more recent times, I have realized that every aspect of my life improves when I improve conditions for my skin. Hah! What a concept! Thus my (long time) interest in going green, and my more recent desire to live a more holistic lifestyle. (I think I've felt a desire for a long time to live in a harmonious way with myself, my surroundings, and nature, but didn't have a name for it.) Anyhow, this blog is a journal of my trials and errors, and basic crooked path to find a balanced and peaceful existence for myself and my family. Thanks for your interest! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Friday, December 11, 2009

WATER!

It continues to amaze me how clueless I can be about my own body sometimes. This happens too often! I find that I have a headache. Or I'm feeling really tired for reasons I can't figure out. Or this or that. Sometimes, and only sometimes, it occurs to me that I haven't had any water that day, or for hours. I drink, I feel better. Well DUH! That happened today. It's such an obvious thing, but again and again I forget to drink water, and I end up feeling physically drained in one way or another. Hello?! Funny thing is, I almost always have a bottle of water around in the house. (Getting myself to bring it with me when I'm out is another story.) I guess you can lead a horse to water................

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I CAN comment! Yay. Anyway... I am just like you about the water. It's so ridiculous that I neglect this important element (and of course it can come as an ingredient in other drinks) and yet as I see people drinking beverages everywhere I go- including in my own home- I can't seem to get enough in me. When I do have enough, I feel great, when I don't get enough, it's headache and fatigue most of the day. Now, on to your soap nuts post- interesting!

    ReplyDelete