I'm on a journey to find health and happiness through a more holistic and green lifestyle.

I find the world to be abrasive. =) That is to say, I feel the need to armor myself, physically and emotionally, in order to face life. Don't we all? Maybe. For whatever reason, it has become a priority in my life to rid my immediate environment of irritating things. And I'm sensitive! So there is much work to be done. But. I have thought for a long time that the things I come in contact with every day, and the stuff used to clean and maintain these things, need to be gentle and non-toxic. I have had eczema my entire life. For a long time I just dealt with it, and accepted that sometimes it's bad, and sometimes it's not, and that it will fluctuate a lot. Gradually over time I have come to find that certain things, fabrics, cleansers, materials, are more irritating to my skin than others. Stress can exacerbate it. In more recent times, I have realized that every aspect of my life improves when I improve conditions for my skin. Hah! What a concept! Thus my (long time) interest in going green, and my more recent desire to live a more holistic lifestyle. (I think I've felt a desire for a long time to live in a harmonious way with myself, my surroundings, and nature, but didn't have a name for it.) Anyhow, this blog is a journal of my trials and errors, and basic crooked path to find a balanced and peaceful existence for myself and my family. Thanks for your interest! I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Switched - NRT Appt. 4/28

In my last update, I mentioned that due to belly-aches, the Clinical Nutritionist I am seeing suggested I discontinue all supplements (I was taking 12 pills a day plus a liquid that I added to my water bottle) until I saw her again. This morning I saw her. First, I had a heart test. The same test I had the very first time I went to the Natural Health Improvement Center. The woman who conducted the test placed a strap around the lower part of my rib cage, and attached a wire to me also. I had to lie on the table, relaxed, without talking, for four minutes. I then had to stand facing the wall, also not talking, for an additional four minutes. She then printed some papers out, and I was off to see the CN. She did a number of tests in the fashion of NRT (holding various viles and bottles of stuff and pressing on my outstretched arm and so forth.) She explained to me, while showing me one of the print-outs, that I am "switched." She said that this means that my body is "doing the opposite of what it should." (???) She informed me that I would be starting another new supplement. This one is called "Antronex." She told me to take this one three times a day, starting today. She said to take only the Antronex today, and to begin the other supplements tomorrow. She reduced the Lact-Enz (probiotic) from 3 a day to 2 a day, and said that this is do to my positive dietary changes. (Funny, I had sort of a poor diet week this past week.....) I am to restart the chemicals in my water (which I am sure caused the belly-ache issues, but what do I know) and restart the stuff I take on my own. (vitamins, calcium, Vit D...) I had to get clarification, because I have trouble making sense of it. She claims that the Antronex is going to "take care of the other stuff" gesturing to a list of the other supplements. ??

I left baffled. But of course I'll read about it all online. As usual, she was not able to explain things very well to me, but I can get the info. on my own. It all seems goofy. But my skin DOES seem to be doing ok. It's not better exactly, but I'm still not using steroid cream (which is amazing and awesome) and it's not THAT inflamed. So that's all good. So...... I continue on....

No comments:

Post a Comment