From the website Natural Health Techniques:
Parsley (Petroselinum crispum), the world's most popular culinary herb is also known as “rock celery” and belongs to the Umbelliferae family of plants. Parsley is one of the world's seven most potent disease-fighting spices which also include Ginger, Oregano, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Sage, and Red chili peppers. (emphasis min)
The website then lists a whole bunch of ways parsley helps the body maintain and regain normal functioning. Surprising. Here are just a few:
· Anemia: Builds up the blood because it is high in iron. The high vitamin C content assists the absorption of iron.
· Antioxidant: Increases the anti-oxidant capacity of the blood.
· Bactericidal (kills bacteria)
- Bad breath
- Baldness: Believe it or not, men even scrubbed parsley onto their scalps to cure baldness—which doesn’t work.
- Blood purifier
- Blood vessel rejuvenation: Maintains elasticity of blood vessels, and helps to repair bruises.
- Diarrhea is greatly helped by drinking parsley tea.
- Digestion: Parsley is an excellent digestion restorative remedy. It improves the digestion of proteins and fats therefore promoting intestinal absorption, liver assimilation and storage. Because of its high enzyme content, parsley benefits digestive activity and elimination.
- Dissolves cholesterol within the veins
Wow. Who knew? =)